Sentiers frontaliers is a 135-km hiking trail network fully maintained by volunteers, linking the Chartierville and Woburn border crossings, passing by montagne de Marbre, mont Saddle and Mont Gosford. A trail also joins the Parc national du Mont-Mégantic. Visitors can enjoy short or long hikes. There are six campsites with platforms and 5 three-sided shelters. On some sections, wilderness shelters can accommodate you for the night. The network is connected to the Appalachian Trail by Cohos Trail in the United States. Be part of the "Expédition des braves randonneurs" in August. Thank you for encouraging Sentiers Frontaliers by making a donation to the organization or by becoming a member!
- Departure See the topographic map. Maps and information at Mount Gosford welcome center, 901, rang Tout-de-Joie, Woburn, G0Y 1R0 or at Information office in Lac-Mégantic, G6B 1H5
- Arrival See the topographic map
- Number of trails 9
- Total length (km) 135
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Difficulty level: Intermediate
- Difficulty level: Difficult
- Characteristics Access to Mounts Marbre (923 meters), Saddle (965m) and Gosford (1193m). Observation tower (360 degree panoramic view).
- Picnic areas
- Trail maps available onsite
- Dogs permitted on leash
- Reception and information staff
- Access to drinking water
- Cross-country skiing
- Number of camping platforms 9
- Number of cabins 6 at Mont Gosford ($)
- Camping platforms
- Open year-round
- Closed during hunting season
- Entrance free
- Detailed rates Hiking trails are free except for Mont Gosford area: $5/person (free if member of Sentiers frontaliers) and $11/vehicle (2017 rates).
- Payment options Mont Gosford : Debit card and cash