Réserve naturelle des Montagnes-Vertes, secteur Singer
The Green Mountains Nature Reserve is the largest protected area on private land in Quebec! Owned by Nature Conservancy Canada and developed by Appalachian Corridor, the Green Mountains Nature Reserve protects more than 70 km2 of the region’s natural heritage and includes two thirds of the Sutton Mountain Range. It is home to hundreds of animal and plant species, of which at least 90 are endangered or vulnerable, and more than 80 species of birds nest there every spring. We invite you to take the trails that crisscross this rich and diversified environment whose summit (810 m) reveals a breathtaking panorama.
- Departure Entrance Singer sector : at the end of Ruiter Brook Road
- Arrival Entrance Singer sector : at the end of Ruiter Brook Road
- Number of trails 3
- Total length (km) 20.5
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Difficulty level: Intermediate
- Difficulty level: Difficult
- Characteristics Discover the largest protected area of private lands in Quebec.
- Other services Interpretation panels on the flora, fauna and history.
- Downloadable trail map (URL address) See the map web
- Trail patrol
- Cross-country skiing
- Accessible telephone no
- Washrooms with changing tables no
- Washrooms no
- Cycling no
- Open year-round
- Closed during hunting season
- Entrance with fee
- Detailed rates Day pass : $5. Consult our Web site or visit the tourist information office of Potton or Sutton.
- Payment options Cash only at the tourist information offices of Potton and Sutton or by visiting our Web site.