École du 3e rang, vignoble et cidrerie
L’École du 3e rang is a vineyard and cider house in Saint-Joachim-de-Shefford, located between the towns of Granby and Waterloo. The winery and boutique are built like a schoolhouse to remember the history of education in Quebec until 1960. At our vineyard, you’ll find vines, apple trees, pear trees, plum trees, and cherry trees. We produce wines, ciders, creams and liqueurs with our fruit. We offer jellies and jams, particularly the delicious pear jam and Vincent malice (rosé wine). A pure farming community, a very large village, prairies, cattle, forests, valleys and hills. Tastings available.
- Country dining
- Guided tours
- Red wine
- White wine
- Other Sweet cider, ice cider, sparking ice cider, sparkling apple cider, sparkling apple and pear cider. Ice perry, sparkling perry. Pear liqueur, "Williams" pears from St-Joachim, plum liqueur and cherry liqueur.
- Other Cold cuts, pies, apple juice, must, jellies and jams.
- Sales outlet
- Schedule June to October.
- Detailed schedule June to August: Thursday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. September-October: week-ends, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other times: call ahead.
- Mandatory reservations for groups
Membership in a network
- Agritourism business
- Member of the Route des vins de l'Estrie Wine Route
- Association des vignerons du Québec
- Créateurs de saveurs
Awards and mentions
- Awards and/or Mentions Nations Cup 2014: Pear ice: Gold medal. Nations Cup 2015: Red wine 2013: Silver Medal. Finger lakes international competitions 2016: Bronze Medal: traditional sparkling cider and fortified plum wine.