Mine Cristal, where sound and crystalline frequencies bring well-being. A unique geological gem in Canada. Mine Cristal was founded by Gaudry and Pauline Normand in 1989. Mining, tourism, education, cultural presentations and artisanal creations are the five vocations. Their mission is threefold: to protect this enchanting site as a crystal sanctuary, to present mineralogical life to visitors and to make Quebec's quartz crystals accessible. Extracted by hand from their 300-million-year-old massive white quartz vein, the sparkling crystals from this mine are considered to be the among the most beautiful in the world. Activities include guided mine tours, crystal instrument concerts, specialized workshops, rock shop, museum, picnic area, panoramic view.
- Tourist signs
Access for people with restricted physical ability
- Tourist and leisure companion
- Open year-round no
- Schedule June to September.
- Detailed schedule June and September: weekends, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July and August: Wednesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Consult our Web site for more details.
- Entrance with fee
- Detailed rates Museum and store: free admission. Guided visits, concerts and classes: admission fee. Consult our Web site for more details.
- Group rates available
Awards and mentions
- Awards and/or Mentions TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence (tourist attraction) Portrait des Arts de la Scène in the Val-Saint-François region (concerts) Portrait des Métiers d'Art In the Val-Saint-François region (crystal instruments)