Centre d'interprétation de la mine d'or
Located at the New Hampshire border near Mount Mégantic, Chartierville, with its lush green surroundings, offers a range of activities. Take a “panoramic break” at the rest stop. Come experience the Magnetic Hill (Côte magnétique) phenomenon and visit the interpretation centre. Step back in time by visiting the gold mine interpretation center and search for gold. A of 3.5 km trail and a footbridge over the Mining Stream takes you to the abandoned mine. The municipality offers a rustic campsite. Close to the center of the village, discover a hiking trail for short excursions. A new event “Musique des sommets” will be take place on August 18, 19 and 20. These activities are accessible by roads 257 South and 210 East. Admire the breathtaking scenery. The 257 South Road is now part of the famous Summit Drive.
- Departure Centre d'interprétation de la mine d'or
- Arrival Centre d'interprétation de la mine d'or
- Number of trails 2
- Total length (km) 4.5 km
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Difficulty level: Intermediate
- Picnic areas
- Gift shop
- Trail maps available onsite
- Dogs permitted on leash
- Reception and information staff
- First aid
- Accessible telephone
- Number of cabins 1
- Open year-round
- Exceptions to the regular schedule Interpretation centre: summer only.
- Detailed schedule Interpretation: Wednesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Trail accessible at all time.
- Closed during hunting season
- Entrance free
- Detailed rates
- Payment options