The mission of Tourism Eastern Townships, a non-profit organization, is to foster the development and promotion of regional tourism products in Quebec and international markets through the consolidation, cooperation, support and representation of tourism stakeholders. Our Association is the main tourism partner in the Eastern Townships. Tourism Eastern Townships groups together approximatly 800 businesses and organizations covering every sector of the tourism industry: hotels, campgrounds, restaurants, attractions, festivals, and cultural and sports activities.
A strategic role
The activities of Tourism Eastern Townships fall within four major areas:
- Creating a democratic structure
- Tourist welcome and information
- Marketing and market development
- Developing the tourism offer
- coordinates marketing and development activities for the region’s tourist businesses and organizations.
- is the official representative of Quebec’s Ministère du Tourisme in the region. It also represents its members to governments and foreign markets.
- is partnered with Canada Economic Development regarding marketing our businesses to foreign markets.
Art of living
The Eastern Townships region hopes to soon be recognized across Quebec and all of North America for tourism that reflects the art of living. This “art of living”, specific to the Eastern Townships, is demonstrated through:
- The quality and promotion of its natural and built heritage
- The vitality of its communities, proud of their history and rich cultural and creative environment
- A variety of tourism activities, products and services promoting health and well being