It comes from my grandmother MArie-Louise Mercier-Boutin, who was from Sainte-Sabine-de-Bellechasse, in Chaudière-Appalaches region. I got it from my aunt Madeleine Boutin, of Québec City. As for Myself, I was born in Montréal.
After falling in love with the man that would become my husband, I also fell in love with the village of Saint-Etienne-de-Bolton where I have been linving for four years in true happiness.
CHRISTINE BOUTIN, MEMBER OF COOP DU GRAND-BOIS
- 2 cups whipping cream 35%
- 1 cup maple syrup (Cooked with the syrup from Cabane à sucre Vincent, 114 rang Vincent, Saint-Étienne-de-Bolton)
- 2 eggs
1) Boil the syrup until it forms threads. Beat the eggs and fold in the hot syrup, beating continually.
2) Let the mixture cool down.
3) Once it is cooled, beat the cream and fold in the syrup mixture.
4) Pour into a large mould or several small individual moulds.
5) Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
Please note that this recipe works better with dark syrup.
Serve as is or topped with fresh fruit.
Selected from "Popote et parlotte pour ma Coop", p.67, published by Coop du Grand-Bois, 2012 – Photo Eric Lajeunesse