- 5 Spanish onions
- 1 beer bottle of Bishop’s Bitter (The Golden Lion)
- 6 bacon slices (Le P’tit Cochon Rond)
- 2 ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese (Fromagerie Coaticook)
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon of salt
- 5 slices of bread cut in circle
1) Slice the onions and cook in a large kettle with the salt and diced bacon.
2) Cook at medium temperature for about 10 minutes or until golden. Stir often.
3) Add all the rest of ingredients and simmer at a low temperature for 30 minutes.
4) Serve in an oven proof bowl, add the slice of bread and top with cheese.
5) Cook to broil until the cheese melts and serve.
These menus are offered by Jason Kacprzak, chef créateur du Restaurant Kapzak
20, rue Wellington Sud, Sherbrooke J1H 5C7