For six people
- 2 big Yukon Gold style potatoes
- 180 gr. of Stanstead rabbit rillettes, cut up in six slices
- 1 rabbit fillets pack (6 units)
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of diced chorizo (Spanish sausage)
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of butter
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of oil
- 75 ml (5 tablespoons) of sour cream
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) of Dijon mustard
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of minced green shallots
- Juice of ½ lime
- 5 ml (1 tablespoon) of honey
- Salt & crushed black pepper
1) Bring to boil a salted water saucepan, peel 1 potato, cut it in pieces & cook, put aside, add butter & reduce in puree, then add the diced chorizo.
2) Mince the other potato on the mandoline in the lengthwise & cook 2 min. in boil water, refresh under cold water & reserve.
3) In a bowl mix the all dressing ingredients, salt & pepper, reserve.
4) On a work surface put on a potato slice & put on a puree spoon, then roll to make a cylinder & reserve.
5) Heat oil in a fry-pan & cook quickly the rabbit fillets, put aside.
- In a plate, set on a rabbit rillettes slice, garnish with your choice of red berry jelly, then draw a line of dressing, sour cream & put on the rabbit fillet & finish with the roll of puree & chorizo.
- Garnish according to your inspiration, can be served with croutons to go with the rillettes.
This menu prepared by Alain Ferraty, Executive Chef,
from Manoir des Sables at Orford