Vanilla ice cream and pear milk-shake
- 30 mL sugar 2 tablespoons
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 125 mL 35% cream 1/2 cup
- 125 mL milk 1/2 cup
- 1 pod vanilla, seeded
- foamed milk
Maple taffy ice cream and maple soufflé
- 4 egg whites
- 125 mL confectioner’s sugar 1/2 cup
- 125 mL maple syrup 1/2 cup
- 15 mL maple liqueur 1 tablespoon
- 15 mL baking powder 1 tablespoon
- pinch salt
Strawberry ice cream, shortbread, and sour strawberry compote
- 4 shortbread cookies
- 8 large strawberries, cut in pieces
- 60 mL sugar 1/4 cup
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 5 mL raspberry vinegar 1 teaspoon
1) In a non-stick skillet, caramelize sugar until golden. Add pear and sauté for a few seconds. Add cream, milk, and vanilla. Bring to a boil. Purée in a blender, then strain through a chinois. Cool in the refrigerator.
2) Using an eggbeater, beat eggs in a bowl until firm. Mix in sugar and baking powder gradually. Pour in the maple syrup and liqueur, beating until the mixture is smooth.
3) Fill small ramekins halfway and bake in a 190°C (375°F) oven for 6 to 8 minutes. The soufflé will double in volume.
4) In a salad bowl, combine strawberries, zest, and sugar.
5) Pour the mixture into a hot, non-stick skillet and heat until the fruit is stewed. Add lemon juice and raspberry vinegar. Cool in the refrigerator.
Flavours of a Region Eastern Townships
Vin de Glace, Vignoble La Mission
Laiterie de Coaticook