- 4 100 g (31/2 oz) escalopes of duck foie gras
- 2 large Cortland apples
- 30 mL parsley, chopped 2 tablespoons
- Fleur de sel
Maple and balsamic vinaigrette :
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 80 mL dark maple syrup 1/3 cup
- 30 mL balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons
- 30 mL tamari sauce 2 tablespoons
- 125 mL olive oil 1/2 cup
- Salt and pepper
1) With a sharp knife, trace a square pattern on the escalopes.
2) Place escalopes in a very hot skillet, pattern side down.
3) Sear for approximately 3 minutes on both sides. Remove and reserve.
4) Julienne apples with a mandoline.
5) Add parsley and enough vinaigrette to moisten apples.
6) In a bowl, combine all ingredients and reserve at room temperature.
7) Place escalopes in a very hot skillet and sear again for 2 or 3 minutes on each side.
8) Add a pinch of fleur de sel before serving.