Accommodations with “Bienvenue randonneurs”(welcome hikers) certification promise services adapted to hiking activities, such as maps, trail information, snacks, and more.
What are “Bienvenue randonneur (welcome hikers)” accommodations?
- Campgrounds located less than 50 km from a network of hiking trails.
- Accommodations where there is an onsite restaurant or box lunch service, with specific nutritional requirements taken into account. Generous portions of fruits and vegetables and carbohydrate-rich meals are offered.
- Accommodations where the campground makes available to its clients a map of each of the hiking networks in its region. The facility should also make available to its clients the data sheets for the various hiking trails in the region.
- The reception staff at the facility are trained to respond to hikers’ technical questions and to know where to direct clients.
- The accommodations or campsite lends or rents: water bottles, walking and snowshoeing poles, and crampons, either onsite or through a nearby business.